Vanessa Mdee Biography, Music Career, Awards, Net worth, Boyfriend, Quitting Music and New Podcast
10 September 2020
[Photo Credit: Nairobi Wire]
By Branice Nafula
How Old and Where is Vanessa Mdee from?
Artist as Singer, Songwriter; Vanessa Mdee
Name: Vanessa Hau Mdee
Date of Birth: 16th July, 1988 (32 years old)
Genre: RnB, Afro pop, Hip Hop and Bongo Flava.
Networth: $1 Million (Approx.)
How was Vanessa’s Early Life?
Vanessa Hau Mdee was Born in Arusha Tanzania. She spent most of her early life growing up in New York. She studied and graduated from Arusha Modern High school. She then attended the Catholic University of Eastern Africa to pursue a Law degree.
How and when did Vanessa Mdee start her music career?
Vanessa debuted into the music industry in late 2012. She released her first song ‘Me and You’ later that year featuring Ommy Dimpoz. Early in 2013, she released her first single ‘Closer’ which took the Tanzanian music industry by storm winning a total of four prestigious awards that year. Ever since she has been on the upward trajectory releasing one hit after the other. She has also worked with various top artistes locally and globally including; Reekado Banks, Navio, Orezi, Jux, Gnako, Ice Prince, Sauti Sol, Rayvanny among others. In 2018, she released her debut album ‘Money Monday’ which has 18 songs.
[Photo Credit: Ghetto Radio]
Vanessa Mdee Awards and Nominations
- 5 Tanzania Music Awards
- All Africa Music Awards (Best Female Artiste in Eastern Africa).
- African Muzik Magazine Awards (Best Female Artist East Africa)
- All Africa Music Awards (Best African Pop)
- 2 Abryanz Style and Fashion Awards (Most Stylish Female Artist East Africa)
- Africa Entertainment Awards (Best Female Artist Africa.
Who is Vanessa Mdee Dating?
Yes Vanessa Dee is currently dating American actor and musician Rotimi. They two started dating after Mdee parted ways with Jux. Vanessa has since relocated to the states to be with Rotimi.
[Photo Credit: essence.com]
Why did Vanessa Mdee Quit Music?
Early this year, Vanessa Mdee shocked fans when she announced that she quit music. The 32-year-old artiste noted that she has decided to quit music in order to focus on other things like being an advocate of honesty, beauty and facing her demons. The ‘Cash Madame’ singer said the music industry is demonic, and therefore a stumbling block to her new mission in life. You can read more about it HERE.
Questions you asked...
- Where does Vanessa Mdee Live? She currently lives in the States with her boyfriend Rotimi
- What does Vanessa Mdee do after quitting music? She works on her ‘Deep Dive with Vanessa Mdee’ podcast.
- Does Vanessa Mdee have a sister? Yes she has a sister called Mimi Mars.