Mercy Chinwo, Sinach Lead Nigerian Artists In Near Clean Sweep At Maranatha Awards
12 October 2020
Photo: Nigerian Gospel Singers Mercy Chinwo and Sinach. (Source: Opera News)
By Khisa CJ
Several Naija artists were named winners in the 2020 edition of the Maranatha Africa Continental Awards held recently.
Maranatha Awards is a global awards programme that seeks to acknowledge Effective Kingdom Diplomacy.
Leading the winners was Mercy Chinwo who scooped the Best Female Minister_Africa.
Mercy Chinwo is famed for hit song 'Excess Love' and in July, she dropped a new album dubbed 'Satisfied'.
Sinach, an international acclaimed Nigerian singer was awarded the Lifetime Achievement Award.
Sinach's single 'Way Maker' has been a global hit and earlier this year set a new record as it become the first song to have to covers on the top 10 of the Billboard Gospel music chart.
Other Nigerian artists who won at the Maranatha Africa Continental Awards are:
- Moses Bliss whose single 'Too Faithful' won the Best Adoration Song Africa.
- Eben and Nathaniel Bassy won the Best Collaboration Song Africa with the hit 'No One Like You'.
- Jimmy D Psalmist's 'Consuming Fire' visuals scooped the Best Gospel Music Video Africa.
- Judikay was named the Best Breakthrough Female Minister Africa which GUC won the Best Breakthrough Male Minister Africa category
- Steve Crown's 'You Are Yahweh' was named the Best Gospel Song Africa