Kuami Eugene Biography, Awards and Music Career
21 February 2020
By Ian Jacob
Eugene Kwame Marfo , popularly known by his stage name Kuami Eugene, is a Ghanaian high-life and afrobeat singer-songwriter.He was born 1st February 1997 to Alex and Juliana Marfo in Oda, Ghana.
Kuami began doing music at a young age. He started out at his church where he learned to play the guitar,drums and piano.dropped out of school because of his love for music and spent more than two months studying music in a studio without informing the school authority and his mother. He was later expelled from school after it was discovered that he was truant. He later was enrolled at the Salvation Army Senior High school located at Akim- Wenchi. The young artist, who grew up in the environs of Fadama, a suburb of Accra furthered his education to Ghana Telecom University.
He released a lot of tracks under the new label. ‘Ebeyeyie’ was his first song under his new label. Later on he released ‘Angela’ which charted on the Ghana top 10 tracks.In 2017, he participated in Sarkodie's Rapperholic Concert which was held in Ghana on the 25 of December.Ghana Music Honors 2017 Edition, December to Remember 2017, Concert 2017, the 61st Ghana Independence Celebration Show at Indigo 02 in London. He then featured on "Adwenfi" by DJ Vyrusky and Shatta Wale. In 2018 he released ‘Confusion’ which was part 2 of the ‘Angela’ storyline. On june,2018 he released another track dubbed ‘Wish Me Well’
Listen to Some of Kuami Eugene's tracks
Awards and Nominations
- Won 2019 3Music Awards High-life Act of the year
- Won 2019 3Music Awards High-life Song of the year
- Won 2018 Vodafone Ghana Music Awards High-life Artist of the Year
- Nominated 2018 Vodafone Ghana Music Awards Best Male Vocalist
- Won 2018 Vodafone Ghana Music Awards Best New Artist
- Nominated 2018 Vodafone Ghana Music Awards Song of the Year "Angela"
- Won 2018 Ghana Music Awards UK Best New Artist of the Year
- Won 2018 AFRIMA Most Promising Artist in Africa